Bargain Bin

Talk about other games in here

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:41 am

Coty wrote: I haven't finished Tron yet either.

I did go back and buy the Half-Life 5 package for 15 dollars though. I don't like it. I bought it mostly thinking I would get some good creature animations from it. The game itself sucks in my opinion. I don't know what all the hype about HL was about. The models look like crap.
That's still one of my all time favorites despite it's age and bugs. One of the things in this game that stands out ahead of other first person shooters even todays games is that there is more than one way to tackle most situations. In other words it didn't feel as much like the herded cow affect as even HL2 does.
The models were great for the day but it pre-dates even NOLF1. They did release a version of Opposing Force with Blue Shift that had higher poly count models but I don't remember the same for Half-Life.
To get the real feel of HL you need to play in the dark with the sound cranked way up. I know I threw the keyboard and mouse a couple times when the headcrabs jumped out. Not to mention how many times I accidently shot Barney when he popped out around the corner.

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:48 am

One more thing.
My favorite hangout is CompUsa. They have a dump bin full of jewel case games for $.98. I picked up Need for speed Underground and combo Hotwheels racer set for $.98 each. There were also several Marvel comics titles if your into that for $.98. A 7 level Painkiller cd for $4.99. Mafia $4.99

Coty
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by Coty » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:49 pm

I can't stop playing Black Hawk Down! :)

If you've never played that game, it is well worth the 10 bucks.

But be warned, you have to kill people, like CJ, and no bananas, LoL!!! :)

Yea Spared, I think I'll try the Blue Shift. I can't get into the origional HL and have lost interest.

SPYDAVE
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SPYDAVE » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:21 pm

No bananas?! ... Sounds like it would suck! No thanks I think I'll skip it ...

Coty
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by Coty » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:39 pm

I finally finished BHD. It was a fine game. I may go back and take some screen shots before removing it. I was glad to see the end though.

Now Farcry is next. I'm still on the training island. I rule it! :) I run around hiding and poping off bad guys. The jungle is my friend. I stole a boat last night and it was awesome... With the physics system, the game feels more real then others. I had to push the boat out to deeper water to be able to start it up and drive off. It was a fun ride too, that is; until an rpg layed me out. I need to kill more bad guys on the island I guess.

The editor is more of an object scene editor. You make the terrain in the editor and place objects, but you don't really create any objects with the editor. BHD is the same way, but FC looks a lot better with the graphics. Of course, BHD is like 2004 or something compared to FC. I'm enjoying FC, but I doubt I finish that game. It seems to be more complicated to beat. For now, I am satisfied with exploring the training level.

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:58 am

I don't play the consoles (can't muck the game up :grin: ) but I keep an Xbox around for my friend's little ones to play on. Keeps them from fighting over the PC. So I bought Doom3 for $5.00 and Dead to Rights for $2.00. and Doom3 seems a might nicer to play on the Xbox than I remember on the PC.

I also picked up GTL and Need For Speed: Underground for the PC at about $7.00 for both. Not that I like car racing games, I just like the cars. So here is my paints, well actually you know me..dozens but here are a couple minis.

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:24 am

I saw The Path of Neo for $8.00 on clearance but the guy said it's buggy and not worth it. Anyone here played it?

I also saw Prey for $15.00 but I think I'll wait on that game still.

And also there was this game, Total Overdose that has a desperado gun selection; the guitar stuff. Anyway it is only $3.00 so I'm sure I'll get that.

Coty
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by Coty » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:08 am

I found The Navy Seals Jupiter game at a flee market the other day. Not very good though. I bought Mob Enforcer at Amazon for 3 dollars last week and I am really enjoying it so far. I'm just a sucker for Lithtech games! :) Game types like Mob Enforcer and CJ are about the only ones I really enjoy playing. Don't give me a maze brcause I get lost too easy. And no puzzles please. Just let me run around shooting bad guys on easy mode enjoying the environment... :)

Johnny LaRue
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Johnny LaRue » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:06 pm

If you like WW2 themed, squad based games then "Hidden & dangerous" should wet your appetite. It isn't the run & gun of MOHAA or Call of duty but it's just as fun. It's from the developer IllusionSoft who create (buggy) yet very great games as anyone who has played HD , HD2 or Mafia will probably agree. The Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe version is available at the rock bottom price of : FREE

it can be downloaded from here: http://www.gamershell.com/news/9714.html

This deluxe version includes, the devil's bridge expansion pack, All bugs have been fixed & it comes with an editor. When you finish HD, why not obviously move on to HD2. I have seen it in several stores for under 10 bucks so you can't go wrong.

HL back then was a really cool game. It was spooky & it really used the suspense card. Just like AVP2 most of the fun & suspense was when it was quiet & you had no idea when the next headcrab or alien would pop out at you. The AI grunts in HL were awesome. They were obsessive in their use of flanking manuevre's, & grenade throwing. Oh boy, reading this thread has really brought back some fond memories, i got some old games to reinstall!

Cheers

JLAR

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:04 am

Good to hear from you again JLAR..

Game types like Mob Enforcer and CJ are about the only ones I really enjoy playing.
I really like Mob Enforcer and as you can probably guess I have super screwed it up.

Run and gun, all guns blazing.. run out of ammo, die, re-spawn, and repeat. That pretty much sums me up.
Don't give me a maze brcause I get lost too easy. And no puzzles please. Just let me run around shooting bad guys on easy mode enjoying the environment
Lithtech game - Sentinel: Descendents In Time is a really good visual story. I really liked it. I don't like the puzzles and mazes either so I used the walk through to get past all the puzzles.

And like most Lithtech games you can interchange some parts. I had a blast swapping Mob Enforcer and NOLF2/CJ models and prefabs. I haven't got around to swapping any Sentinel stuff but the model and prefabs are ltb.

Johnny LaRue
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Johnny LaRue » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:01 pm

Hey Spared Life, what's up man?

Is there any lithtech game out there that is safe from your manipulating hands? :D

That Marine Sharpshooter II game, are its models/prefabs in ltb format? I haven't played it or bought the game yet but i'm sure its dirt cheap seeing as it was a budget game to begin with.

On the topic of swapping models/prefabs i put together a quick list of games that you can swap, feel free to correct or add to the list:

-No One Lives Forever 2
-Contract JACK
-Mob Enforcer
-Tron 2.0
-The Sentinel: Descendents In Time

JLAR

SparedLife
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SparedLife » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:27 pm

Is there any lithtech game out there that is safe from your manipulating hands?
I like Lithtech :thumb:

Thanks for the H&D link, I downloaded it and have it installed but not started it yet. and of course I installed the editor version.

More swappable for N2
Marine Sharpshooter 2:
ModelFile = "Models\Characters\Ghillie.ltb"
Skin0 = "Textures\Characters\sniper_body01.dtx"
Skin1 = "Textures\Characters\sniper_head01.dtx"
Skin2 = "Textures\Characters\sniper_ghillie01.dtx"
Skin3 = "Textures\Characters\sniper_backpack.dtx"
Skin4 = "Textures\Characters\sniper_accessories01.dtx"
RenderStyle0 = "Render_Styles\translucent2sided.ltb"
Animation = "Attributes\\AnimationsHuman.txt"
CanBeCarried = FALSE

Diehard: Nakatomi:

ModelFileName = "Characters\Models\player_base.ltb"
Skin0 = "Characters\Textures\terrorist_1_body.dtx"
Skin1 = "Characters\Textures\terrorist_1_head.dtx"
Skin2 = "Characters\Textures\eye_blue.dtx"
Nina Agent Chronicles and Global Operations are ABC models.

Spawn
Admin
Admin

Post by Spawn » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:32 pm

You can "swap" or lets say import from older games such as nolf1, avp, avp2 as well.. But they'll need a quick import/export trough 3dsm/maya first :)

There's also a few other games that is compatible with jupiter:

Jupiter extended:
Condemned
Fear

Jupiter:

Rubins of eventide

I've been looking all over for The Sentinel: Descendents In Time
but is unable to find it :unsure:

Legbat
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by Legbat » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:10 pm

Coty wrote:I bought Mob Enforcer at Amazon for 3 dollars last week and I am really enjoying it so far. I'm just a sucker for Lithtech games!
I couldn't resist finding out what all the hub-bub was about concerning some of the games mentioned in this thread so I went to Amazon and in the process discovered a deep-discount software seller whose prices are hard to beat. I not only bought Mob Enforcer (for only $2.68) from them but also Die Hard Nakatomi Plaza for a penny! There were other noteworthy games available including Shogo for $2.41 and a game I played long ago and thoroughly enjoyed - Armed and Dangerous - for only $3.19! It's definately worth a visit!

http://www.bargainbuyerssoftware.net

SPYDAVE
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SPYDAVE » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:05 pm

Shogo ... easily one of the best games ever!

jedwabna poszewka 50x60