Ghostdog Object Messages

Lithtech 2.1 / 2.2

Spawn
Admin
Admin

Ghostdog Object Messages

Post by Spawn » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:41 am

A list of messages you can send to different WorldObjects.

Under every WorldObject you will find the messages this object understands (as far as I know of course). I will not explain every one of them, because most are self-explanatory. In some case I didn't try, but think it's right (Like most Objects who have an 'StartActive' flag or something similar should react on the 'on' message).

CinematicTrigger
on
off
goto: This message can be sent to the KeyFramer that can be created by the CinematicTrigger. In this case you must send the message to the KeyFramer itself (through the CinematicTrigger). The syntax is then 'KeyFramer (goto Key03)'. The KeyFramer (i.e. the camera) goes directly to that Key.
pause,resume,forward,reverse: I didn't try that, but because you can send them to a normal KeyFramer, they should work on the CinematicTrigger's KeyFramer too. Syntax should be like for 'goto' then.

Controller
The Controller controlls the properties of several objects. Read more about this in the Docs that come with the tools.
fade <parameter type> <destination value> <duration>: Fades to the specified destination value over time, where the parameter is a color (or the alpha channel).
flicker <interval min> <interval max> <message to send> [count, default -1 which means forever]: Sends a message repeatingly (and randomly) to the targets in a specified interval.
off: Stops whatever the targets are doing.

Door
trigger: The Door opens/closes (depending on it's current state).
lock:The Door is locked.
unlock: The Door is unlocked again.

EventCounter
inc: Increments the EventCounter's value.
dec: Decrements the EventCounter's value.
lock:The above messages don't affect the Counter any more.
unlock: The EventCounter is unlocked again.

Explosion
on

Fire
on
off

KeyFramer
on
off
pause: Pauses the motion.
resume: Resumes previously paused motion.
forward: The KeyFramer moves forward.
reverse: The KeyFramer moves reverse.
goto: The KeyFramer jumps directly to the specified key in no time (ex.: 'goto key03').
moveto: The KeyFramer moves along the path to the specified key, using the TimeStamps you defined

(ex.: 'moveto key03'). Read more about this command in the Elevator tutorial.

Lightning
on
off

ObjectiveSprite
on
off

RotatingWorldModel
on
off

Screenshake
on
off

SecurityCamera
on
off

SoundFX
on
off

Steam
on
off

Trigger
trigger: The Trigger will sent all it's messages.
lock: The Trigger get's locked, means it will not react on the player/AIs passing.
unlock: Unlocks the trigger again.

(Reposted here for availability)

jedwabna poszewka 50x60