Keyframe and object to the player?

Jupiter EX Engine

Scia

Post by Scia » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:30 pm

Anyone have any ideas how to make an object keyframe it's self to the player? I need a world model to stay right on the player and stick to them when they move. I have an idea for a nifty effect but I'm not quite sure how to pull this part of it off. I figured maybe someone would know a trick they used back in nolf?

Thank you :)

Spawn
Admin
Admin

Post by Spawn » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:27 pm

I remember trying a lot of stuff without any success earlier, when I wanted to create something similar.. Do anyone else have a good suggestion?

Wiky
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by Wiky » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:51 pm

Scia wrote: Anyone have any ideas how to make an object keyframe it's self to the player? I need a world model to stay right on the player and stick to them when they move. I have an idea for a nifty effect but I'm not quite sure how to pull this part of it off. I figured maybe someone would know a trick they used back in nolf?

Thank you :)
It wouldn't be keyframmed using dedit IMHO. I think for something like that you might look into a weapon mod. That coding is ready made to work by being near the player (attached to the player).

Your object...say it's a pet or something, could really be a weapon, but just not stuck to the player, and with certain animations.

Otherwise, you may need to delve into the code a bit deeper. And hard code something like that.

Keyframming through dedit isn't really meant to follow the player. It's meant to be more of stuff around the player in his/her environment. At least this is my thought process on it. If anyone has more info, it would be appreciated.

Coty
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by Coty » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:17 pm

My guess...

msg Player (attachlist object)

The object would need to be defined, probably in attachments.txt as to what socket to attach to.

Good examples would be the scripts for hats and glasses.

Scia

Post by Scia » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:55 pm

FEAR supports textures that can blur objects behind it, and things farther away are more blurred. I was going to make a sphere around the player that used such a texture, and play with that texture to make it give a heat shimmer effect.

Currently FEAR doesn't support new weapons, (Database changes don't work yet) and if I did it with that it would be possible to switch out of.

Using an attach message would be possible, if I could make the sphere a .model00c and if the database files where changeable (Currently you cannot make changes to the database files, they said you will be able to in the next patch however)

Thank you for the help, however it has to be done strictly within Wedit, I'm thinking it isn't possible though.

jedwabna poszewka 50x60