I've just lost my last marble.

Lithtech Jupiter engine

Jiao

I've just lost my last marble.

Post by Jiao » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:49 pm

:wacko:

Hello again guys! ((awwsmile))

I'm out forum-hopping this morning in the hopes of catching Spawn, Dave, Coty or anyone dEdit-savvy to assist me with a wee TMFU-related issue...

For some bloody annoying reason, for the last few days every time I try to process a level Winpacker gets stuck on the "Physics BSP" stage and takes literally an hour or more to grind its way through processing; and to add insult to injury my PC completely freezes up (we're talking a twenty second delay to register a mouse-click and then no response from whatever I've clicked). The PC-freeze even kicks in when I try to start the Winpacking process without a NOLF2 disc in the drive.

:mad: <- Jiao atm.

I'd really like to get done with the first levels this Homer-like epic TMFU has become, but at this rate I'll be all wrinkly before I get to beta. :(

Does anybody have any bright ideas to lend me? I'm all out (like that's unusual, right?)!

Wiky
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by Wiky » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:18 pm

yikes,

corrupted level or something in it that is crashing it.

Go back to a previous save, and run it. If you have same issue,

load up a level you know is fine, like a sample level or other and see if you get the same problem

Spawn
Admin
Admin

Post by Spawn » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:24 pm

Wiky is right, I'd try that as well..

The only thing that has ever crapped up a process for me is
non render brushes bound to worldmodels..

You could also check the priority settings in the processor, I remember that
it was a real resourse hog when it was set to maximum :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SPYDAVE
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by SPYDAVE » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:19 am

Check Ignore Hidden in the processor settings and start hiding the things (nodes) that you did last. If it compiles fine with your earliest changes then you KNOW it is something you added (which it probably is) ... The start unhiding nodes and compiling ... you'll soon find the culprit node and should be able to track down where the problem is ...

jedwabna poszewka 50x60