Question!

Lithtech Jupiter engine

Koyasha

Question!

Post by Koyasha » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:36 pm

ok...1st

this is a screenshot of the map done!!! with details and everything! its high up there!!

2nd - the cable car is working, but not the way i wanted

its strange make it works by clicking on the floor or in the lamps... so i decided to change it to look more realistic

so i have all this:

- lights must be OFF at the start, and ON after the player hits the switch (i dont have a switch yet...) - if ON, it will never turn off anymore

- a gear that must be activated (spinning model) after the player turns the cable car on/off

- the cable car is a sliding door object and all its stuff moves with it (this part is ok)

what im gonna do now? :blink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spawn
Admin
Admin

Post by Spawn » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:52 am

Hope you didn't mind that I put in a smaller picture, I had trouble reading the post :P

Examine one of the light prefabs, you'll see that the light is bound to a object that will show/hide the light object.. I think that might be what you're looking for

I don't remember the exact name of the object now, but You'll see what i mean :)

Coty
Pegasus Modteam
Pegasus Modteam

Post by Coty » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:30 am

Make your switch the normal way (bind the switch object to a brush). In the door's properties, add the switch object's name. This will make the switch move with the door. Also you wanted the light to move with the door, you would include it also:

ATTACHMENTS BOX: mySwitch; myLight

Now spawn is talking about a lightGroup which turns off and on lights and dirLights, but you probably won't be able to move these lights because they are static lights. What you will probably have to do is use a clientLightFX instead.

jedwabna poszewka 50x60